Construction Site Supervisor
Summary of Position:
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Boston is seeking a skilled Construction Site Supervisor to manage the construction of residential projects throughout the Greater Boston area. If you are interested in using your skills and experience to provide affordable housing for those in need, Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston may be the right place for you.
The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for managing and planning all on-site construction activities of the project, including:
• Working with Construction Superintendent to create and maintain the project schedule
• Overseeing and planning the daily construction activities on the site to include site preparation, construction, and site cleanup activities
• Communicating effectively to the Construction Superintendent the on-site needs for construction materials and equipment, in-house crews, volunteer crews and sub-contractor crews
• Oversight and coordination of in-house site supervision, unskilled volunteer crews and subcontractor performance
• Maintaining records of site activities, personnel, and expenses as required
• Minimum of 3 years experience in site supervision of residential construction projects. Experience in Boston area a plus
• Ability to perform given aggressive schedule requirements
• Ability to safely instruct and lead unskilled volunteers in general construction tasks
• Strong communication skills
• Proven decision-making abilities
• General carpentry, layout, and construction skills required
• Non-profit experience and a desire to foster volunteer involvement desirable
• Understanding of or interest in learning about sustainable construction a plus
Current Work Sites:
• Woodbine Street is a “Philadelphia” styled two-family in the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston
• Dorchester Terrace is a development of 13 townhomes in 4 buildings surrounding a common courtyard. We are “gut renovating” 4 units for new homeowners. They are in various stages of completion.
• Bradeen Street is a 6 unit townhome development in three duplexes. Two units are completed and construction is in progress on the other two duplexes.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is looking for volunteer store clerks who will assist customers, price merchandise, organize items, and could potentially help with some light paperwork.
Volunteer ReStore Warehouse Assistants
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is looking for Warehouse Assistants are needed to receive and process donations of building materials, kitchen cabinets, furniture and appliances, as well as, keep the storage areas and loading dock organized and clean. Applicant must be able to do moderate lifting. The positions are unpaid and ideally, you would be available 1-2 times a week to help out for a 4+ hour shift. We need volunteers Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The mission of the Habitat Greater Boston Internship Program is to educate its participants in all aspects of a non-profit organization including marketing, community relations, legal affairs, fundraising and management. Through practical experience, interns learn in a high-energy environment. Habitat Greater Boston interns have a wonderful opportunity to help low-income families realize their dreams of homeownership, while contributing to their community and gaining valuable management and relationship-building skills.
We hire interns periodically throughout the year. Our ideal candidates are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dedicated to our mission of building decent, affordable homes with families. Office interns typically work in our offices in the North End and perform general administrative tasks.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates for each position.