Construction Site Supervisor
Summary of Position:
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Boston seeks an enthusiastic Construction Site Supervisor to join our team. Work with experienced construction staff and manage volunteers in constructing Habitat homes in Boston.
• Work with the Construction Superintendent to create and maintain the project schedule
• Plan and oversee the daily construction activities on the site, including site preparation, construction, and cleanup
• Communicate effectively to the Construction Superintendent the on-site needs for construction materials, equipment, subcontractors and volunteers
• Maintain records of site activities, personnel, and expenses as required
• Carpentry skills and experience
• General knowledge of construction
• Non-profit experience and dedication to helping low income families a plus
• Experience working with volunteers desirable
Current Work Sites:
Habitat Greater Boston is building homes with volunteer labor, donated materials and charitable contributions in three locations in the City of Boston. They are all new construction, townhouse-style condominiums.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is March 31, 2015.
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is looking for volunteer store clerks who will assist customers, price merchandise, organize items, and could potentially help with some light paperwork.
Volunteer ReStore Warehouse Assistants
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is looking for Warehouse Assistants are needed to receive and process donations of building materials, kitchen cabinets, furniture and appliances, as well as, keep the storage areas and loading dock organized and clean. Applicant must be able to do moderate lifting. The positions are unpaid and ideally, you would be available 1-2 times a week to help out for a 4+ hour shift. We need volunteers Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Habitat Greater Boston Internship Program is to educate its participants in all aspects of a non-profit organization including marketing, community relations, legal affairs, fundraising and management. Through practical experience, interns learn in a high-energy environment. Habitat Greater Boston interns have a wonderful opportunity to help low-income families realize their dreams of homeownership, while contributing to their community and gaining valuable management and relationship-building skills.
We hire interns periodically throughout the year. Our ideal candidates are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dedicated to our mission of building decent, affordable homes with families. Office interns typically work in our offices in the North End and perform general administrative tasks.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates for each position.