Builder/Construction Site Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston has an immediate opportunity for a mission-driven individual with construction experience to work on Habitat construction sites in Boston. Working at the direction of the Construction Superintendent, the Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for planning and executing building activities on a daily basis at an assigned construction site.
- Plan and execute building activities for skilled and unskilled volunteers and future homeowners
- Work with the Construction Superintendent to create and maintain the project schedule
- Communicate with Construction Superintendent to plan volunteer days, order construction materials and equipment, and schedule subcontractors
- Train and manage Site Assistants, interns, and volunteers in basic construction tasks
- Maintain quality control of all construction practices
- Document records of site activities, personnel, and expenses as required
- Maintain a safe and orderly job site
- General knowledge of residential construction from framing to finish work
- Two years on-site residential construction experience
- Ability to simplify and teach simple construction methods -- with patience
- Ability to manage large groups of inexperienced volunteers
- Display temperament that is suitable for a construction site that is largely comprised of volunteers and ability to create a work environment that is cheerful and productive
- Ability to read and execute residential blueprints
- Habitat for Humanity or other Non-Profit experience a plus
- Commitment to the Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston’s mission of building simple, decent, affordable houses for low income families
Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position at Habitat for Humanity to:
George O’Malley, Senior Director of Projects at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put your full name and “Construction Site Supervisor” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2016
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston's ReStore is looking for volunteer store clerks who will assist customers, price merchandise, organize items, and could potentially help with some light paperwork.
Volunteer ReStore Warehouse Assistants
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is looking for Warehouse Assistants are needed to receive and process donations of building materials, kitchen cabinets, furniture and appliances, as well as, keep the storage areas and loading dock organized and clean. Applicant must be able to do moderate lifting. The positions are unpaid and ideally, you would be available 1-2 times a week to help out for a 4+ hour shift. We need volunteers Tuesday-Saturday 9:30am-5pm. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The mission of the Habitat Greater Boston Internship Program is to educate its participants in all aspects of a non-profit organization including marketing, community relations, legal affairs, fundraising and management. Through practical experience, interns learn in a high-energy environment. Habitat Greater Boston interns have a wonderful opportunity to help low-income families realize their dreams of homeownership, while contributing to their community and gaining valuable management and relationship-building skills.
Office Intern (Paid) - Fall 2016
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is seeking a fall administrative intern for its office on Commercial Street in Boston’s North End.
- Positive, self-motivated attitude
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Gmail/Google Calendar
- Comfortable answering the main office phone line and greeting guests
- Experience in nonprofit/development setting
- Experience with customer relationship databases (e.g., NeonCRM) a plus
This position is paid ($11/hour). The ideal candidate will be available 15-20 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining interest in the position and qualifications or experience that will make you successful in this role to Theresa Lakin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name and "Nonprofit Office Intern - Fall 2016" in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please include your fall semester schedule and availability.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2016
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates for each position.