Communications and Social Media Office Intern – Spring 2017
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston seeks a motivated intern to assist in the development and implementation of communications and social media strategies, allowing us to vastly expand, improve, and energize our online presence. The Communications and Social Media Intern will play a key role in driving communications efforts, creating opportunities for online engagement, and helping us to better share our story with our broader Habitat community.
The Communications and Social Media Intern will also assist with our annual spring fundraising event along with general administrative tasks such as welcoming visitors, answering the front office phone, and responding to volunteer and potential partner family inquires.
We are looking for someone who is interested in nonprofit work, attentive to detail, resourceful, and dedicated to our mission of building decent, affordable homes for low-income families. Our office is located in Boston’s North End neighborhood. 15-20 hours per week, $11/hour.
Skills and Experience:
- Highly organized and efficient
- Strong writing, editing and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Experience creating content for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Send resume and cover letter explaining interest in the position and qualifications or experience that will make you successful in this role to email@example.com.
Please include your name and “Communications and Social Media Intern” in the subject line.
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates for each position.
Position available immediately
Construction Crew Leader – AmeriCorps National Direct Member
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston (HFHGB) is seeking a talented individual to serve as an AmeriCorps National Direct Construction Crew Leader.
The Construction Crew Leader will work with the HFHGB Construction staff to assist in the execution of all aspects of building a Habitat house, from lot clearing to final inspections and punch list. He/she will develop construction skills to help build Habitat homes and lead volunteer groups building Habitat homes.
- Assist in all stages of the construction process
- Lead and motivate volunteers (of all skill levels) in general construction tasks of building a Habitat home
- Conduct safety briefing and orientation for all volunteers prior to the beginning of construction on the work site
- Provide training to volunteers and prospective homeowners as applicable
- Promote partnership among all participants in the Habitat program
- Ensure workers and worksite remain safe
- Provide a positive, supportive environment at the job site
- Bachelors degree
- Friendly, flexible, and enthusiastic
- Passion for Habitat's mission
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Great interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Previous experience with construction is desirable but not required
- Experience working with volunteers is helpful but not required
- Experience leading and working in teams
Habitat AmeriCorps National Direct members commit to 10.5 months of service and receive a living allowance of approximately $12,530. In addition, HFHGB will contribute a housing stipend of $200 a month for rent and a monthly T pass for public transportation. The position begins in January.
In-service training opportunities, post-service $5,775 Education Award, personal and sick leave, health care coverage, federal loan forbearance, and childcare (if eligible).
Habitat for Humanity engages people of all ages and backgrounds in addressing community needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the end of December or until this AmeriCorps position is filled by a qualified candidate, whichever occurs first.
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston's ReStore is looking for volunteer store clerks who will assist customers, price merchandise, organize items, and could potentially help with some light paperwork.
Volunteer ReStore Warehouse Assistants
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is looking for Warehouse Assistants are needed to receive and process donations of building materials, kitchen cabinets, furniture and appliances, as well as, keep the storage areas and loading dock organized and clean. Applicant must be able to do moderate lifting. The positions are unpaid and ideally, you would be available 1-2 times a week to help out for a 4+ hour shift. We need volunteers Tuesday-Saturday 9:30am-5pm. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.