REMODELING? MOVING? SPRING CLEANING?
THE NEEDS YOUR DONATIONS!
All donations must be pre-approved and are tax-deductable. Please e-mail photos of offered donations (be sure to include quantities and your contact information) to: ReStore@habitatboston.org. Call the ReStore line at (617) 423-2223 ext. 13 and leave a message. Please wait for a response to your e-mail or phone message before making delivery arrangements. In some cases we can pick up donated items and we will contact you to make appropriate arrangements.
Donation Items We Accept:
Appliances - no older than 8 years
- Dishwashers (no older than 5 yrs)
- Range Tops
- Microwaves (no older than 5 yrs)
- Washing Machines
- Range Hoods
- Small appliances (ie: toasters,
- Tables (dining room, side)
- Dining room set (may include upholstered chairs)
- Coffee/End Tables
- Entertainment Centers
- Mirrors (framed only)
*no upholstered furniture
Building Materials (preferably new)
- Functioning power tools
- Garden tools
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Bathroom Cabinets
- Countertops - only with cabinets,
* We do not accept granite
Lighting (must work!)
- Hanging Chandeliers
- Floor/Table Lamps
- Lamp shades in good condition
- Track Lighting
- Ceiling Fans
- Cabinet knobs
- Door knobs/deadbolts
- Electrical Hardware
- Plumbing Hardware
- Tile (no broken pieces)
- Linoleum (new only)
* must be enough product for
at least a small project
Please Note: We are not receiving window donations at this time.
- Double Hung*
- Bay (complete with all sashes)
*All windows must be aluminum clad
or vinyl replacement only.
- Donate your old car, truck,
boat, RV, motorcycle or other vehicle (running or not!)
1-877-277-4344, or visit the
Cars for Homes Website.
- Game tables
- Outdoor Furniture
Items we cannot accept:
- Anything that doesn't work/needs a replacement part
- Appliances over 8 years old
- Baby Items
- Building Materials
- Unused Lumber
- Why? There are many other organizations that accept clothing donations,
and they do such a good job that there is no reason for us to do the same!
- Computers/Fax machines/Copy machines
- Garage Doors
- Hazardous Materials/Chemicals
- Check the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection for information on how to properly
dispose of these items.
- Handicap Equipment
- Mattresses/Box Springs
- Microwaves & dishwashers over 5 years old
- See appliance info above.
- Pools/Hot Tubs
- Toilets- new or used
- Shower Doors
- Storm windows/single pane windows
- Swingsets or playground equipment
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Why? Unframed mirrors or glass have very sharp edges, and are a safety
hazard for the staff and volunteers who have to handle them.